About Us

Susan G. Komen Louisiana is dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Through events like the Komen Baton Rouge, Northeast Louisiana and Northwest Louisiana Race for the Cure® events, Komen Louisiana invests 75 percent of the funds raised to support vital local breast health education and breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining 25 percent supports the national Komen Grants Program , which funds groundbreaking  breast cancer research, meritorious awards and educational and scientific programs around the world.

The Komen Louisiana Affiliate’s service area covers 56 parishes: Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Caldwell, Cameron, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, De Soto, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Iberia, Iberville, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, La Salle, Lafayette, Lafourche, Lincoln, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, St. Helena, St. James, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Tangipahoa, Tensas, Terrebonne, Union, Vermillion, Vernon, Webster, West Baton Rouge, West Carroll, West Feliciana, and WinnThanks to the thousands of people who participant in the Races and other Affiliate events each year, dedicated corporate partners and generous donors, Komen Louisiana is playing a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community.
about-us