- LSUHSC Shreveport – Feist Weiller Cancer Center
- This project aligns brings the mobile van to the rural areas where the majority of the under-served population lives. We continue to navigate patients that require diagnostic follow-up and/or any type of surgical procedures. Navigation continues for our patients until the patient needs to be scheduled for their annual screening or up until diagnosis.
- Martin Luther King Health Center
- MLK provides the following: breast cancer education campaign resulting in 300 women receiving appropriate breast screening; access to convenient no-cost breast screening services to reduce barriers to care for 100 women; navigation for women, with an abnormal mammogram, into diagnostic services, within 30 days, and provide necessary follow-up to resolution.
- Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- MBP – OLOL will provide 122 free breast cancer screenings and patient navigation. For individuals with abnormal findings, we will provide patient navigation to ensure that the patient is guided through the continuum of care and receives timely diagnosis and treatment.
- Richland Parish Hospital
- The objective of this breast cancer awareness project is to provide screenings, patient navigation, and breast health education for those who otherwise would be unable to access these services.
- Union General Hospital
- In partnership with Susan G. Komen Louisiana, the hospital offers free mammograms and diagnostic exams to underserved women to increase access and utilization of quality care to reduce late-stage breast cancer diagnosis and mortality.
- Woman’s Hospital
- Woman’s Mobile Mammography Program provides free or low-cost screening mammograms. The program targets women experiencing geographic, financial and cultural barriers to proper breast care by focusing on areas where mammography and diagnostic services are not readily available. Woman’s two Mammography Coaches are the only ones in south Louisiana.
2018 – 2019 Services Provided
- 701 mammograms
- 558 clinical breast exams
- 90 diagnostic mammograms
- 10 biopsies
- 5,029 people received breast health education
- 41 people were navigated to diagnostics
Breast Cancer Monthly Support Group Meetings: Meets on the fourth Thursday of the month from 5:30-6:30 pm at The Breast Center at 1505 East Bert Kouns Industrial Loop (near Tinseltown) in Shreveport. You do not have to be a Christus Health patient to attend. All Survivors are welcome! For more information, contact Denise Tindall at 318-453-7674.