How to Apply for Community Funding
Thank you for your interest in the Komen Louisiana Affiliate grants program. Please contact our office at 225-615-8740 or email@example.com with any questions.
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Louisiana Community-Based Grant, your organization must be:
· All past and current Komen-funded grants or awards to applicant are up-to-date and in compliance with Komen requirements, including completion of reporting requirements for previously awarded community and small grants.
· Projects providing screening services must document a mechanism to provide the necessary follow-up services if they will not provide the services themselves (e.g. written documentation outlining a referral system or partnerships in place).
· Applicant has tax exempt status under the Internal Revenue Service code.
· Applicant must be a non-profit organization located in or providing services to one or more of the following locations Acadia, Allen, Ascension, Assumption, Avoyelles, Beauregard, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Calcasieu, Caldwell, Cameron, Catahoula, Claiborne, Concordia, De Soto, East Baton Rouge, East Carroll, East Feliciana, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Iberia, Iberville, Jackson, Jefferson Davis, La Salle, Lafayette, Lafourche, Lincoln, Livingston, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Pointe Coupee, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, St. Helena, St. James, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, Tangipahoa, Tensas, Terrebonne, Union, Vermillion, Vernon, Webster, West Baton Rouge, West Carroll, West Feliciana, and/or Winn Parishes.
· Projects must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer. If a project is a combined breast and cervical cancer project, funding may only be requested for the breast cancer portion of the project.
· If the applicant or any of its key employees, directors, officers or agents is convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety, then the applicant is not eligible to apply for a grant during this current cycle. The applicant will not be eligible to apply for a new grant until the later of 12 months after the conviction or until applicant can demonstrate that appropriate remedial measures have been taken to ensure that any criminal misconduct does not recur.
The application period will open on October 14, 2019.
Request for Applications
The 2019-2020 Request for Applications (RFA) for Komen Louisiana Community Grants opens on October 14, 2019. Applications must be submitted via the SmartSimple system by Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11:59pm. Please use the user guide below for instructions on how to navigate SmartSimple.
This year, our grant writing webinar will be held on October 9, 2019 at 1:00pm. To RSVP, click here.
Grant Writing Webinar – October 9, 2019
Application Period Opens – October 14, 2019
Application Deadline – November 21, 2019
Award Notification – April 1, 2020
Award Period – April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Mid-Term Report Due – October 31, 2020
Final Report Due – April 30, 2021