Team Captain Tools
Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
NOW is the time to start planning your team for the 2014 Komen Baton Rouge Affiliate Race for the Cure®. Team Captains must register first to create your team. Each team member can then register by clicking “Join a Team” and searching for the Team name. Your team registration fee gets you to the start line, but it’s team fundraising that will help find the cures!
Download your 2014 Team Captain Toolkit. The Team Captain toolkit contains everything you need to know about starting a team, adding team members, and fundraising as a team! Click here to download the toolkit today!
Tips for Building Your Team
- Ask friends, family, colleagues and neighbors personally.
- Publicize your team and the Race in company or club newsletters.
- Recruit team ambassadors to help spread the word.
- Customize your Participant Center to share your stories, recruit team members and fundraise.
- Utilize your e-mail signature line to provide readers with a link to your Participant Center.
- Include a link to your Participant Center on all your social networking sites.
- Host a breast health awareness meeting, include Race video/Komen speaker.
- Host a registration table at your business, hospital, school, etc.
- Post flyers everywhere you go.
- Insert flyers in payroll checks.
- Challenge friends and colleagues to a “most registered” competition.
- Ask each team member to sign up at least one other person.
As the leader of your team, and therefore a leader in the fight to end breast cancer, it’s important for you to know and share with your team members the importance of fundraising. Simply registering and showing up on Race Day will raise awareness, but it’s the fundraising dollars that will help find the cures.
We believe teams are the backbone of our impact. Your leadership and support of team members help us all meet and exceed our fundraising goals. This year, our goal is for Komen Race teams to make an even greater impact. To get there, we are counting on your leadership.
One of the best ways to inspire your team members to fundraise is to lead by example and start fundraising yourself. To begin, view the Fundraising Tips. Once you have started your own personal fundraising effort, and you have some team members on-board, read on for information on setting up your team’s fundraising page as well as some great team fundraising ideas.
The ultimate reward is knowing you’ve brought our community miles closer to the reality of a world without breast cancer.
But be sure to check out the Team Awards page for more information on how we thank our top performing teams!